Businesses and SEO marketers beware! Google Panda is doing yet another update. This is nothing new; in fact it’s quite common. However, to online marketers and businesses this is like the end of the world, every time, and if you’re a SEO marketer or own a business with a website you should be scared too. The biggest fear for these people is that they don’t know what the new algorithm is going to be which means their website content may or may not be out of date according to Google’s new algorithm. You could wake up that morning and find that all of a sudden you just dropped from first to eighth rank on Google’s search results. It’s honestly a scary thought, but worry not for there are steps that one may take to avoid the Panda’s wrath. If you’re one of the many that thinks they might be a target then follow these steps to help your website stay clean and optimized. Check out this article for more in-depth explanation of how these steps will help you.
- Make sure the content on your website is relevant and original.
- Try to avoid having too many ads on your page
- DO NOT pay for in-bound links. To Google, this is one of their big no no’s. Google knows and they will find you.
- Update your website often. Google likes to see active sites with fresh content all the time. This will protect you from Panda and at the same increase the popularity of your site.
- Educate yourself on new Panda updates. The more you know the better prepared you are.
So maybe I exaggerated a little. Panda updates aren’t that frightening. As long as you incorporate clean optimization methods your website should have no problems with Panda. Those that are worried are probably the ones that know that they haven’t been completely honest.
Now for users, this update is good news. It means that when you go on Google to search “How to build a tree house” and you instinctively decide to click on the first two organic results, it’s not going to be some site with no actual content about building tree houses and instead filled with out bound links and ads. You’ll know you’re going into a site with rich and relevant content suited to your needs.
Follow me on: